Delicious, amazing food. Yes, we found it!
We first walked past this restaurant and out of curiosity, we decided to give it a try. And we fell in love with it on our first bite.
Hmmm, where do we start?
We quite like this place that we came back a couple times more at different occassions. And tried out even more items from their menu. It is a good place and we give them our thumbs up.
Let’s start with of course, the starters. We tried the foie gras. Although it wasn’t prepared like the French style, the taste of the foie gras was rich and had a creamy texture.
The yummy foie gras
We also tried the beef tartar. It was simply fabulous and felt like it melted right away in our mouths. You could taste the quality in every luscious bite and we never wanted it to end. Unfortunately, the soft-shell crab was a miss though – it was still chewy and rather greasy too.
Beef tartar. This is yummy!
And for our mains, we absolutely loved them and were very happy. Our meat had a beautiful smoky aroma and flavour – yes, they use open fire! Steak or lamb kissed by charcoal is the best.
In fact, so are their salads – it was embraced lightly by the fire. For that extra wow!
Even more meat
Fillet mignon from the charcoal grill – simply gorgeous
And here comes the sweet endings. Deserts….
Ice-cold variations of home-made sorbet.
The ambience is gorgeous down to its very detail and service staff was professional and alert. We actually booked ourselves in the first district but we were asked politely if we would go to the other outlet in the 4th. Well, their ventilator was not working that night in the first outlet. And when we arrived in the 4th, the reception was helpful and attentive. We had a lot of private space to ourselves and we love it!
A pretty interior of one of Artner’s outlets
We would certainly come back but we must warn you, it does come with a hefty price tag. So this isn’t your everyday restaurant – well, we don’t eat at restaurants everyday and we cook too! But our point is, the food is fabulous! We’ll definitely come back for even more!
A well-known restaurant in Vienna for its quality grill. Well, of course, they use the charcoal and hence, the lovely flavour. They have 2 outlets in Vienna – in district 4 and 1 – so please ensure that you called and turn up at the right one.
Rating – Sue
- Total overall rating: 3.7 / 5
- Ambience : 4 / 5, Fancy, formal and quiet/ private enough. Get dressy when you come here.
- Location : 4 /5, Very very central and easy to get to – especially the outlet in the first.
- Food : 4 / 5, Love the charcoal flavour in the meat and vegetables. It’s delicious.
- Price : 3 / 5, Let’s be honest, it is nice but oh la la, it is expensive!
- Service : 3.5 / 5, Service is great, helpful, attentive and professional.
Rating – Nicklas
- Total overall rating: 3.9 / 5
- Ambience : 4.5 / 5, The serenity of the interior and the perfect light makes this the perfect spot for a romantic rendezvous!
- Location : 3.5 / 5, They are located on a smaller and quite street with a nice terrasse for you to enjoy during the summer.
- Food : 4 / 5, They have some of the best bbq meet that I have had some far in Vienna. That you at the same time can treat yourself to some bbq meet makes the spot even better!
- Price : 3.5 / 5, You will leave satisfied and already looking forward to the next time your wallet allows you back.
- Service : 4 / 5, This is a restaurant where the waiters are truly there for the guests. They know when to approach as to not disturb on your conversation.
Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 00:00
Saturday and Sundays from 18:00 – 00:00
Tel: +43 (0) 1 503 50 33